The city of Cologne has a lot to celebrate musically: for a city of only one million people they possess a thriving cultural scene. Recently c/o pop took over the city, now the distinguished event organisers E’de Cologne will be issuing an in-depth photography booklet/compilation E’de Love. The 36-page booklet chronicles the history of the city’s electronic music scene from 1999 onwards and also covers the last ten years of its own promotional activities.
The booklet includes specially commissioned black and white photos from the contributing music artists such as Tobias Thomas and Pierre Chevallier. Plenty of new material has also been commissioned for the accompanied compilation CD, including tracks from André Kraml, Popnoname, Ada, The Modernist and even Karaoke Kalk’s boss Strobocop with his first production in 13 years. With each purchase of E’de Love, one euro will go directly to the AIDS-Hilfe Köln foundation, which helps fight HIV and AIDS in Cologne.
What’s got us really excited is the inclusion of an exclusive collaboration between Justus Köhncke and the German schlager singer Marianne Rosenberg, famed for her 1982 Eurovision appearance.
01. Pierre Chevallier – Electronic Cruising
02. Triple R – Echt Elektronische Musik
03. Hans Nieswandt – Tanz Baby
04. Thomas/Mayer – Über Wiesen
05. The Modernist – Lost In Music
06. Strobocop – Love Is Music/Music Is Love
07. Tonetraeger – Welcome Back, Kotter (Mayer/Thomas Remix)
08. André Kraml – Suburbia
09. Popnoname – Deeper Than Love
10. Haito (feat. Eric D. Clark) – The Need To Believe
11. Ada (feat. Raz Ohara) – Lovestoned?
12. Justus Köhncke vs. Marianne Rosenberg – Lieder Der Nacht (E’DC Edit)
E’de Love is out worldwide on September 28th and distributed by Kompakt.