One… Two… Three… let’s count with Yello frontman and raconteur Dieter Meier. Oh yeah! ~ Photo: Luci Lux
1 memorable line in a film or song:
“Oh yeah…” (from “Oh Yeah” by Yello)
2 decisions I regret:
1) Having invested in the U.S. housing market.
2) Drinking my eleventh gin and tonic at the Lower Manhattan Ocean Club on October 12, 1981 at 2:15 a.m.
3 people that should collaborate:
The Dalai Lama, Jürgen Habermas, Noam Chomsky. I hope they would venture beyond conventional critiques of capitalism to help find solutions for a better use of human intelligence.
4 things I haven’t done yet:
1) Hike in the Himalayas.
2) Surf in Hawaii.
3) Play the piano (properly).
4) Do nothing for six months.
5 things I used to believe:
1) That I was a very unimportant person. (I still believe it.)
2) That I can’t finish anything.
3) That Americans landed on the moon.
4) That God created the world.
5) That it’s OK to live in four-star hotels
6 hours ago…
I woke up depressed thinking about the highly unstructured day I had in front of me.
7 days I barely remember:
I’m currently enjoying the springtime of my senility, so there are hardly any days I can remember, these days.
After 8 p.m. …
I usually look forward to an insanely dry martini.
My 9 lives…
I’ve had 24,090 lives, every day a new.
10 years since 9/11…
…and the so-called “War on Terror” continues on in the wrong direction. Trying to box a mosquito
isn’t just impractical—it doesn’t work. The world needs to dry out the swamp that breeds terrorism by helping and respecting people. The hundreds of billions of dollars spent on war and firepower should have been invested in nation-building.
This text first appeared in Electronic Beats Magazine N° 26 (Summer 2011). Read the full issue on issuu.com: