So, yesterday night’s Super Bowl XLVI performance by Madonna and friends. You may have heard of it. The queen of pop was the NFL‘s halftime show cream puff, and although you might argue whether the whole thing was great or not, there are some notable points:
1. Madonna performed ‘Vogue’, ‘Music’, the new single ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’‘ and ‘Like a Prayer’.
2. There’s quite a contentual contrast when lining up dancers as soldiers of the Roman empire at the beginning and asking for world peace in the end.
3. During ‘Music’, Madonna stepped, but kept her countenance:
4. That was quite a great shuffle dance:
5. She lined up LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. and Cee-Lo Green as guest vocalists and dancers. Watch the full performance below:
6. M.I.A. gave the middle finger to the man:
That’s it! But let’s stick with M.I.A. for a second. You may remember that we pointed you towards M.I.A.’s new single ‘Bad Girls’ and her car drift and skiing music video last week. As Mathias ‘Munk’ Modica and Gomma Records pointed out today, the idea for the Romain Gavras-directed clip may not be as original as it seems – in fact Munk used video footage of Arab street racing for his 2009 track ‘Live Fast Die Old (Headman Remix)’.
Although we doubt that this was the first use of Arab car drifting in a music video, there are some recognizable similarities in both videos – but see for yourself:
The author on Twitter: