You might remember Bruxa from our recent premiere of their latest single ‘V?!’, remixed by the excellent Nightmare Fortress. We’ve been grinding to their tunes for a while now, entraced by their fog-friendly combo of witchy flavors and dubstep-adjacent beats. Since they’ve been hooking us up with so many sick sounds, we hooked up frontwoman Bianca Radd with our 10 x 4 questionnaire.
1. Your most memorable show?
Opening for Gang Gang Dance was really great, but I would say our show at Thee Haus most memorable. Great party, no sleep, a morning ride to jail with a sandwich, coffee, and a doobie with my papa.
2. Is any aspect of fame important, and if yes, why?
fame sounds shitty and awful
3. If you were still in high school, which clique would you belong to?
I’d have to show up then?
4. An album that changed the way you thought?
5. What does underground and mainstream mean to you?
6. What defines your music-making process?
Grape blunts, Bacardi Silver & Gold, Tim’s Cascade chips, Sixlets, Atomic Fireballs, black cats , zip-ties, Alizé, extraterrestrial stunt queens.
7. Name three essential artists.
Salvador Dali, Nina Hagen, Tupac.
8. Write a non-promotional paragraph.
My grandma was abducted by aliens when she was 12, in Gocian, Idaho, and now they beam her messages using a small bb-sized transmitter behind her right ear. They left her standing alone in the middle of a field, and returned one evening in their mothership hovering over her car. My grandma is the best grandma ever. I watch The Price Is Right with her, and she makes me hot cocoa. Oh yeah, and she smokes mad weed.
9. Indispensable outfit?
Tiedye, paisley top, Freebox Reeboks, Tank Girl goggles, Old Navy techvest, Baby Phat jacket (thanks grandma!), black on black on black. Long live the new flesh!
10. Your current favorite song?
Published June 09, 2012.