Counting with Giorgio Moroder
Giorgio Moroder’s considerable contributions to disco and electronic dance music have long elevated him to the eminent position of godfather of various resulting subgenres. With his recent appearance on Daft Punk’s disco roots paean “Random Access Memories”, he’s gone beyond being merely a big name amongst techno and house intelligentsia to being a household name. In this piece from our recent Winter, 2013 issue of Electronic Beats Magazine, we ask him to give us his digits.
1 memorable line in a film or song:
“I love you like a love song, baby.” – Selena Gomez
2 decisions I regret:
– Not writing the score for the movie Fame.
– Not having invested in Apple.
3 sets of people that should collaborate:
– Democrats and Republicans
– Devil and Angels
– Moroder and Rihanna
4 things I haven’t done yet:
– Bungee jump
– Made a hole in one
5 things I used to believe:
– That Disco would never end… oops! It’s called EDM now.
– Santa Claus
– Tooth Fairy
– Easter Bunny
– Storks are where babies come from.
6 hours ago…
… I put together a new DJ set.
7 records everyone should own:
1. Pink Floyd – The Dark Side of the Moon
2. George Harrison – All Things Must Pass
3. Donna Summer – Live and More
4. Bob Dylan – Blonde on Blonde
5. The Beatles – Abbey Road
6. Michael Jackson – Thriller
7. Elvis Presley – Elvis Presley
After 8 p.m….
… I finish my Italian crossword puzzle that I started in the morning.
My 9 lives…
… 8 too many.
I wouldn’t touch it with a 10-foot pole…
… COCAINE. ~
Published February 11, 2014.