Dance music is in a precarious place these days. While in some respects underground sounds are more popular than ever, we also feel that these past few years have brought with them a kind of creative stagnation. To counteract that, we’ve laid out 10 resolutions that we think every fan ought to consider to ensure that 2017 is the year that club culture gets pushed forward.
1. Explore new clubs.
2. Buy more vinyl.
3. Leave your phone at home.
4. Hear at least one local DJ a month.
5. Demand that DJs dig deeper.
6. Go to parties that support political change.
7. Make dance floors safer spaces for the oppressed.
8. Give more female DJs a chance.
9. Dance to music that’s not house and techno.
10. Party less. Listen more.
Published January 02, 2017.