Ruede Hagelstein believes in a lot of things; the power of music, the importance of fair pay, and the healing power of Ko?n, for example. The berlin producer isn’t particularly fond of the paranormal, however, be it an X-File or a political debate. Want to know more? Read on!
1. If you were still in high school, which clique would you belong to?
Crazy question. What do we have actually? Emo, Raver, Pimp, Hardcore, Freak.. hm… I’m sure I would most any of those for a very short time.
2. An album that changed the way you thought?
Ko?n’s self-titled album introduced me to hardcore, groove core and nu-metal. I really loved the new sounds.
3. What does underground and mainstream mean to you?
Underground means fun. Mainstream means work.
4. Better show: Buffy or X-Files?
I should say Buffy, but I dont watch any kind of mystery stuff. I really can’t stand it.
5. Do you believe in the paranormal?
Paranormality means anything we dont understand. So life must be very paranormal? It’s a useless term for me.
6. What defines your music-making process?
Hating / Loving / Hating / Loving… and then I die.
7. Should music be free?
Well, it’s true that most musicians earn their money performing live. I know I do! But I dont think it should be like that. Music is a product of someone and they need to be paid fairly for it. Don’t force a good producer to make a bad show!
8. Write a non-promotional paragraph.
Click here to (illegally) download my music for free.
9. Are you interested in politics?
I still don’t believe in paranormal stuff.
10. Raging or chilling out?
All in good time.