Gaming never sounded so relaxing.
Ah, summer. The sun is shining, the boids are swinging, trees exist and young men and women are avoiding all that mess to stay inside and move pixels around on the idjit box. But let’s go a step further: why make your hands do all that work just to get what you really want—some sweet, sweet video game music? Blogger, DJ and former Groove Magazine editor Sascha Uhlig followed that thought right into this excellent mix of his favorite chilled-out video game tracks. It’s got a nice mellow vibe with just the right nostalgic flavor. Dig in!
1. Martin Stig Andersen – Menu (Limbo)
2. Akira Yamaoka – White Noiz (Silent Hill 2)
3. Floex – The Mezzanine (Machinarium)
4. Ben Prunty – Cosmos (Explore) (FTL: Faster Than Light)
5. Chris Zabriskie – CGI Snake (Her Story)
6. Ben Benjamin – Air Parsing (Hohokum)
7. Disasterpeace – Formations & Memory (Fez)
8. Dual Ryan – Va (The Beginner’s Guide)
9. Chris Remo – Calm After The Storm (Firewatch)
10. Chris Remo – A Very Long Phase (Gone Home)
11. Disasterpeace – Wisdom’s Tragedy (Hyper Light Drifter)
12. Michiru Oshima & Kōichi Yamazaki – Impression (Ico)
13. Austin Wintory – The Call & First Confluence (Journey)
14. Heathered Pearls – Raising Our Ashes (Hohokum)
15. C418 – Subwoofer Lullaby (Minecraft)
16. Jim Guthrie – The Cloud (Sword & Sworcery)
17. Dual Ryan – D.S. Al Coda (The Beginner’s Guide)
Dive deep into the world of video game music: Click here to learn about an app for your iPhone that emulates an arcade game synthesizer. Click here to check out our introduction to the soundtracks of strategy games.